Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Upside Down Shells

I've been perfecting a new pattern from my newest favorite book of 280 Crochet Shell Patterns.  It's called upside down shells and I love it because it reminds me of hanging bluebells.  I think it looks very Spring-like, but from a distance the bumpy textured surface also makes it look soft & snugly.  The pattern is basically 4 double crochets that are only halfway completed so you end up with 5 loops on your hook, then you yarn over and pull through all to cluster them together at the top.  Then chain 2 and single crochet at the outer edge of the shell in the row below.  Easy peasy mac & cheesy!

This pattern is so easy and looks so great that I wanted to make bright happy scarves out of this pattern.  I chose Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine (below) and Bernat Satin in Goldenrod (above).






The Caron Simply Soft took one skein to complete this scarf, I did the pattern 3x across the width, and the Bernat Satin took two skeins for the same approximate length because I did the pattern 4x across the width.  I love this pattern so much I think I'll have to make some baby blankets in light pastel colors for Spring.

Thanks for reading & have a look at my shop to see what else I've been doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment