Thursday, February 16, 2012

The House That Yarn Built!

Have I mentioned just how in love I truly am with my house?  I adore my cute little English cottage that is such a rare find in suburban Southern California.  For a long time now I've been itching to embroider the image of my home onto a sampler that I can then hang on the wall.  Then I thought about embroidering a pillow with the likeness of my humble abode.

Ahh, the possibilities!  Then this morning I stumbled on this absolutely perfect idea:  crochet my home into a square pillow or weighted doorstop or bookend!  Perfect!!
The blog Hand Knitted Things is selling the pattern to knit this adorable little red-roofed croft house, but alas, I do not knit.  Not well, in any case.  But really how hard can it be to crochet a rectangle with a pitched roof on top?  I guess I'll find out, right?  If it turns out to be too difficult, I can always sew it instead, right?

Ever the optimist....

No comments:

Post a Comment