Friday, May 25, 2012

Patriotic doorways

While flipping through the Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts book earlier this year, I saw some very inspiring pictures.  I always love the look of a tree-shrouded street during high summer, a soft breeze rustling the tree branches, children playing, flags waving proudly from each door.
 
Like my neighbors, I have spent many summer days displaying my American flag from my front door, but have been unable to add more grandeur to the sight with bunting, garlands and additional flags.  Unfortunately the front of my house is rather flat and does not easily lend itself to holiday decorating.

However, one thing I would love to try this summer is to create a cluster of American flags above the front door such as the groupings in the Martha Stewart pictures above.  I have found multiple flag aluminum brackets for sale online, 3 finger brackets here and 5 finger brackets here.

Memorial day, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment