Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am a newbie, so please be patient with me.

This year I thought I'd be daring and try new things as well as expand on some old skills.  This year I opened an online shop through Etsy.  This is the first such endeavor I've attempted.  We'll see how long I can keep it going.  I'm hopeful that if I just keep chugging away at things I love doing anyway, i.e. crocheting and sewing, the shop will always be open.  It may not be large, but at least it'll be open.

In support of my shop, I decided now is an excellent time to start blogging as well.  I plan to blog about ongoing projects, adorable patterns I find, delightful work done by others, and anything else I find that is crafty as well as blog-worthy.

This is the first piece I listed on Etsy.  It is a cowl I crocheted in a cluster stitch with Loops & Threads Cozy Wool yarn.  So soft, thick & luxurious; I love it!  I made some of these earlier to give out as Christmas gifts and I received so many compliments on my work I decided this is something that might actually sell.  Hope so, any ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment